dinsdag 9 februari 2010

Off I go

You made it! Welcome to my blog.

This is where I'll be posting a few notes every now and then to keep you English speaking and curious people updated on my experiences as an information coordinator for the Environmental Foundation for Africa (www.efasl.org.uk) in Lakka, Sierra Leone.

After a one year MA in Social Development, a memorable graduation ceremony and lots of hard work and preparation I'm ready to put some (paper)theory into practice and get cracking on real issues.

I'll be flying to London Heathrow this evening, stay a night at a friend's place in London and head off to Freetown tomorrow morning where, most likely, I'll melt the second I leave the plane.

If I happen to have a vague impression of a body left I will update you as soon as I can on my first and, most likely, overwhelming impressions. I'm not sure what things will be like in detail: whether I'll be walking around like a salt chrystal because the sea is the only place to bathe or wether I'll start smoking because the only way to communicate across some distance is through smoke signals.

I do have a suspicion that an info coordinator should (=I will) be able to access and deal with info (e.g. the world wide web).

Que sera, sera...

1 opmerking:

  1. Good luck honey! Looking forward to reading/hearing your fascinating stories and learning from your new experience! Can't wait to come and see you over there! Bamshad

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen